Visitor Restrictions During Flu Season
We currently have restrictions for visitors due to the flu. View our flu visitation policy.
The Medical Center is committed to open and flexible visitors policy, which encourages visits by individuals who give emotional support to our patients.
We kindly request that you limit your visitors to 2 adults per patient at any time.
Decisions to limit the number of visitors or visiting hours are made to protect the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors. Please check with the specific Patient Care Unit for their visitor guidelines.
Medical center visiting hours vary by department and situation and may be extended on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, however, our visiting hours are as follows:
- Shock Trauma – Noon to 6 p.m., 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cardiac Care Unit – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit – 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- Medical Intensive Care Unit – 24 hours
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – 24 hours (parents)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – 24 hours (parents); 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (all others)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit – 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- All Other Areas – 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
For more information, please see the UMMC Patient Handbook.
Patients have the right to receive visitors of their choosing such as a spouse, domestic partner, other family or friends. The Medical Center ensures that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences and protection of the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors. The Medical Center does not restrict or deny visitation privileges based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation or disability.